What's new

RP91 - Broken & Firmware (1 Viewer)

keith fox

Agent
I bought a RP91 yesterday. I'm returning it today. It only made it through 1 disc in 10 without hanging.
Also, I checked the firmware. I think I did it correctly. The display read:
H088 50G155
Does that mean this was Firmware 155?
(much older than the current 236/250)
Do you think the firmware release was the problem or is the drive / laser shot?
Thanks
Keith

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I doubt that the firmware version would cause the problem you described. It sounds like you received a defective machine that had been sitting in a warehouse for a long time.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Keith, that sure is an old unit you have. I think Scott's right. Its just a defective unit which has probably been bashed around.

I have the same model and manufacture date of RP91 and it only ever had one glitch that I couldn't ever reproduce. I've updated the firmward and it hasn't done anything since.

Patrick

keith fox

Agent
Thanks I exchanged the unit and it seems to work just fine.
The new one was built in June 01 (on the unit) and shipped in Dec 01 (on the box) which I bought May 02 - sure took a long time to sell that one!
Anyway the firmware seems to be 188.
Another question about the firmware update. I downloaded the latest patch which is a single .iso file in a .zip file. I don't have a CD burner so I need to get someone else to do this for me. Do you burn the .zip file to the CD or extract the .iso file and burn it to the CD? I am assuming the latter as it seems unlikely the DVDplayer contains Winzip ! :)
Thanks for the responses.
Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk7193
Recent bookmarks