What's new

RP91 - Broken & Firmware (1 Viewer)

keith fox

Agent
I bought a RP91 yesterday. I'm returning it today. It only made it through 1 disc in 10 without hanging.
Also, I checked the firmware. I think I did it correctly. The display read:
H088 50G155
Does that mean this was Firmware 155?
(much older than the current 236/250)
Do you think the firmware release was the problem or is the drive / laser shot?
Thanks
Keith

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I doubt that the firmware version would cause the problem you described. It sounds like you received a defective machine that had been sitting in a warehouse for a long time.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Keith, that sure is an old unit you have. I think Scott's right. Its just a defective unit which has probably been bashed around.

I have the same model and manufacture date of RP91 and it only ever had one glitch that I couldn't ever reproduce. I've updated the firmward and it hasn't done anything since.

Patrick

keith fox

Agent
Thanks I exchanged the unit and it seems to work just fine.
The new one was built in June 01 (on the unit) and shipped in Dec 01 (on the box) which I bought May 02 - sure took a long time to sell that one!
Anyway the firmware seems to be 188.
Another question about the firmware update. I downloaded the latest patch which is a single .iso file in a .zip file. I don't have a CD burner so I need to get someone else to do this for me. Do you burn the .zip file to the CD or extract the .iso file and burn it to the CD? I am assuming the latter as it seems unlikely the DVDplayer contains Winzip ! :)
Thanks for the responses.
Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks