What's new

RP82: "NO INITIALIZE!" error. (1 Viewer)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I thikn the RP82 somehow CHANGED REGIONS on me?

My dad uses our RP82 to watch some Indian DVDs.
TODAY - when he tried to watch his DVDs it says "NO INITIALIZED!" on the tv in a window (but the DVD will play in the background). Yes it doesn't say "NOT" it says "NO". I went into the setup and the display was set as 4x3 (not 16x9) and not progressive...not that it means much - what does anyone think happened?

MORE IMPORTANTLY!
When I enter any of my own DVDs it says "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WATCH THIS DVD IN THIS REGION". It said that for Star Wars Episode 1!

How do I reset the region back to USA, and what do people think is going on?

PS - I unplugged the power for a minute and replugged it. It still says "NO INITIALIZED" ON THE TV. Could this really mean "NO DISC"??? ON THE DVD player it flashes "NO DISC" then quickly goes to "F879" and stays showing that on the DVD player.

SOUNDS LIKE THE REGION WAS CHANGED SOMEHOW? My RP82 is not a Region-Free player though.

My dad uses our RP82 to watch some Indian DVDs. Besides that now when I enter any of my own DVDs it says "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WATCH THIS DVD IN THIS REGION". If he tries to watch his DVDs it says "NO INITIALIZED". I went into the setup and the display was set as 4x3 (not 16x9) and not progressive...not that it means much - what does anyone think happened? How do I reset the region back to USA?

PS - I unplugged the power for a minute and replugged it. It still says "NO INITIALIZED" ON THE TV. Could this really mean "NO DISC"??? ON THE DVD player it flashes "NO DISC" then quickly goes to "F789" and stays showing that on the DVD player.

The normal USA DVDs say "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY THIS IN THIS REGION" or something along those lines. My dad's DVD will play but say "NO INITIALIZED" on the TV.

BTW this unit is from OneCall.com so it's not some fishy thing.

Thanks,
ELmO :angry:

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Eh, I hit pause, fast rewind and open/close to "reset" it. It said "INIT" on the display. After I released the buttons it went back to saying "F879" on it and won't play any of my DVDs.

And people wonder why Panasonic discontinued this? :thumbsdown:

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Alright it's been unplugged, will replug it tomorrow after work.

Hopefully something gets reset correctly.

Thanks,
ELmO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks