What's new

RP82 and CP72 can still be had at sane prices (1 Viewer)

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator
Since it seems a sort of national hysteria (albeit on a very small scale) has arisen over the hunt for these two players in recent days, I thought I would share my experiences in locating both the RP82 and CP72 this week. I had no problem locating several retail stores here in Salt Lake City with both units available. I called several local Ultimate Electronics stores and RC Willey (primarily a furniture store) and all had display units of the 82 (in silver) available for sale. All the Ultimate Electronics stores I called had at least two each of the CP72 available in the now hard-to-find black and even more in silver. I picked up a black 72 at Ultimate Electronics for $249. I didn't see the CP72 listed on Circuit City's web site, but when I went into my local store, they had a couple of the silver units in stock at $249.

What I found to be the case here in SLC may not hold true everywhere, but I believe that with a little searching at your local retail stores, you may still be able to find these units at reasonable prices and avoid the kind of inflated prices I am hearing about on Ebay.

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator
Note to self: GET MORE SLEEP! I just realized I made a major goof in my original post on this subject. I purchased the Panasonic CP72 (black) for $249 at Ultimate Electronics, NOT the RP82. I have made the correction/edit to my original post -- sorry for the inaccurate info. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks