RP82 and booming bass!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Nov 13, 2002.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Jan 5, 2000
    I just purchased this player and listen to the DD/DTS through my digital coaxial cable like I have the other players i've had. Playing around with some of the discs I have i've noticed that the bass when played through the same receiver i've always used on the rp82 is a lot "boomier" than before and not talk "good" boom, but distorted boom. Has anyone else noticed this. This also happens when it decoded within the unit and player through the 6 channel inputs. Would appreciate any input?

2. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Dec 26, 2001
    I use an optical cable, and noticed LOTR and Star wars, among other films, were unbearable. I turned my woofer down. I bet there is some option for bass somewhere, but I'm going to have to recalibrate.

3. peter m. wilson

peter m. wilson Stunt Coordinator

Oct 25, 2002
    DITTO on the base. i have been switching back and forth from the coax and the 6ch analog (dvd audio)on my Onkyo ts-dx575.
    Has anyone noticed a difference when the sub is connected through the a/v receiver rather that directly to the player? My Tosh sd5109 doesn't have the option of the direct connection so its my first blush with this option.

i got a bit of a shock while answering the phone while a dvd was playing. I put the receiver on mute, but the sub kept right on going because it was connected directly to the rp82 and is self powered. so pausing the dvd fixes that.

i'm not a techie so i'll be interested to hear (no pun intended) some enlightened opinions.

peter m.