rp tv or lcd which is better in a avg room

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by buster _bb, Mar 12, 2003.

1. buster _bb

buster _bb Auditioning

i am think ing of buying either a rptv or lcd proj which would better in a room 15 ft x 12 ft where i live they are both about the same price could i get some opinions from everyone thanks also what is the pros & cons of either of these the room gets a lot of light during the day will this effect one more than the other thanks again

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    If your room gets a lot of light, you must first control that if you want to go with a front projection setup. Otherwise, you will confine yourself to evening/nightime viewing. Also, a lot depends on your viewing habits. If you will be watching mostly movies (DVD's) intermixed with some HDTV then the projector is a viable solution but if you will be watching a lot of broadcast TV then perhaps it is not the way to go.

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Your room size is almost identical to mine. Are you putting the screen or TV across the wider wall? If you are, and you don't have prohibitively tall speakers or other things in the way on that wall, you are looking at this. For the same price, or less, a projector will give you a picture on your wall of about 80" to 100" diagonal vs a maximum of a 67" RP HDTV. A 67" RP HDTV would cost much much more anyways. There are many factors involved, but if you can control light, and use another TV for casual tv cable viewing, the PJ is much better. Otherwise, you must weigh your options.

4. steven pm

steven pm Agent

If you want a nice, bright tv that you can just turn on in any light and it'll look good, go for an rptv. It will take about 2' from the viewing length (vs. nothing for a projector screen!). Yours is about the same size as my old LR, and a 55-65 incher should work well, esp. if you can use the 15' with tv at one end and seating near the opposite wall.