RP picture delay, don't know what this is???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by FrankZ, Jan 22, 2003.

1. FrankZ

FrankZ Auditioning

First post, glad I found this forum.
    Sorry if it's a common question but I can't find the answer in previous posts.

I have Hitachi 43fdx20B, and sometimes if you look close at a persons face (for example), when there face moves slightly, parts of their face will be delayed in it's movement. Can be distracting at times. The video source is Satellite using S-video cable connection. This does not happen watching DVD's.
    I would like to know if there is a technical name for this occurance, and if there is a resolution. Would having an ISF tech come in to tweak it help?
    Is this the bad side of RP TV's?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

2. JoeRiley

JoeRiley Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like "Ghosting"... not sure if you can do anything to fix it though, especially if it doesn't do it on DVD's (sounds like a Satellite problem).

If there is a way to fix it, someone here will know though.
    [​IMG]

3. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn Stunt Coordinator

Frank, ask the moderators to move this thread over to the Display Devices forum - you should get more/better responses over there.

Rob

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Welcome to the wonder that is MPEG video compression - or more specifically, over-compression! MPEG 'prefers' not to move parts of the picture that it doesn't really have to. So, parts of a face that are just barely moving are left alone (repeated from the last frame) and this saves space in the transmission. It looks weird, but you'll get used to it. I used to see it all the time, but don't really notice it anymore.

At least you know it's not the TV!