What's new

RP Lamps (1 Viewer)

Ludwig Crumb

Agent
Is there an aftermarket company that sells DLP, LCD, LCOS, rear projection television lamps? I am interested to know what the replacement cost for these lamps are before deciding on front projection vs rear projection.

Brae

Supporting Actor
I would imagine that there is a developing market (i.e. demand) for replacement lamps, but I am not sure if you are asking about non-OEM parts availability or just whether manufacturers have available sufficient lamps for routine replacement.

I think there has been a report, or two, regarding a predicted shortage of lamps in the front projection market that may or may not be the result of increased demand in other markets (RP).

Are you afraid of there not being replacement lamps when needed?

Ludwig Crumb

Agent
Well, that is of course a concern as well, but my main concern is pricing. FP lamps are $300-400, since I cannot find a source on the web to verify I wondered if anyone knew how much RP lamps for the technologies I mentioned are going for in the aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks