RP-91 Vertical Alignment

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottH, Aug 2, 2001.

1. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Do any other RP91 owners have their vertical alignment off? Does anyone know of a way to adjust it (like you can for horizontal alignment)? When I watch movies with higher aspect ratios than 1.85:1 on my Elite 710, I notice that the black bar on the top is smaller than the one on the bottom. Is this by design? I guess it's not a huge deal, but I was thinking that if you can adjust the horizontal alignment, you should be able to adjust the vertical.

2. Robert George

Robert George Screenwriter

This is a monitor issue, not a player issue. I also have the PRO-710, and I had the image shifted up a few percent with my previous Toshiba progressive player the same as with the RP91.

3. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    That's interesting because it wasn't an issue with my previous - a JVC 501-BK. Is it a progressive player thing?
    [Edited last by ScottH on August 02, 2001 at 10:36 AM]

4. PeterB

PeterB Agent

Hi Scott
    I'm having a similar problem you are. I hooked up my old Toshiba DVD player and the RP91 via progressive inputs. The RP91, even with the center "fix" (which isn't even a fix since 4:3 material is still shifted too much the right) over crops the top and bottom of the image in Zoom mode. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a "vertical' alignment option.
    : (

5. DanG

DanG Stunt Coordinator

The 4:3 overscan issue is a separate problem. But I think Robert George is correct in that it is a monitor incompatibility with 91, or vice versa if you prefer.
    Prior to correcting the left shift of scaled 16x9 images, my vertical alignment was off a couple of percent. When I finished centering the image horizontally, I discovered it was vertically centered also.