What's new

RP-91 Vertical Alignment (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Do any other RP91 owners have their vertical alignment off? Does anyone know of a way to adjust it (like you can for horizontal alignment)? When I watch movies with higher aspect ratios than 1.85:1 on my Elite 710, I notice that the black bar on the top is smaller than the one on the bottom. Is this by design? I guess it's not a huge deal, but I was thinking that if you can adjust the horizontal alignment, you should be able to adjust the vertical.

Robert George

Screenwriter
This is a monitor issue, not a player issue. I also have the PRO-710, and I had the image shifted up a few percent with my previous Toshiba progressive player the same as with the RP91.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That's interesting because it wasn't an issue with my previous - a JVC 501-BK. Is it a progressive player thing?
[Edited last by ScottH on August 02, 2001 at 10:36 AM]

PeterB

Agent
Hi Scott
I'm having a similar problem you are. I hooked up my old Toshiba DVD player and the RP91 via progressive inputs. The RP91, even with the center "fix" (which isn't even a fix since 4:3 material is still shifted too much the right) over crops the top and bottom of the image in Zoom mode. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a "vertical' alignment option.
: (

DanG

Stunt Coordinator
That's interesting because it wasn't an issue with my previous - a JVC 501-BK. Is it a progressive player thing? said:
The 4:3 overscan issue is a separate problem. But I think Robert George is correct in that it is a monitor incompatibility with 91, or vice versa if you prefer.
Prior to correcting the left shift of scaled 16x9 images, my vertical alignment was off a couple of percent. When I finished centering the image horizontally, I discovered it was vertically centered also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks