RP-82 - Why won't remastering work?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sujeet Patel, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Sujeet Patel

Sujeet Patel Stunt Coordinator

Trying to play with the remastering feature while playing CDs on my RP82. I've got a digital TOSLink cable going into my Denon 3802 receiver. Turned the remastering feature on in the Quick Setup. But when I push the remastering button on the unit, it brings in some awful snow noise, on all 3 modes. Help!

2. Gregg Z

Gregg Z Stunt Coordinator

Apparently your pre/pro/receiver cannot handle the 88.2 kHz signal.

There is a note about this in the manual right under the description of the feature. It even says that just because your pre/pro/receiver can handle a 96kHz signal doesn't mean it can handle an 88.2 kHz signal.

3. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

Can a Denon 2802 handle it???[​IMG]
    What does the remastering do?

4. Sujeet Patel

Sujeet Patel Stunt Coordinator

What I failed to mention is that I still hear music, it's just overshadowed by static. If my receiver doesn't handle the 88.2 kHz signal, I would think I wouldn't hear anything at all. But I'm still getting music, this is the part that confuses me. I also have no idea how to find out if my receier can handle the 88.2 kHz signal, any ideas where I should be looking for this info?

5. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

I have a RP-91 and a Denon 2802. Remaster works fine at 88.2 khz, but only two channel. The receiver defaults to stereo with this signal. I believe the 3802 will allow PLII and 5 (6,7) channel stereo at a higher sampling rate.

Try putting the receiver to Direct sound. Not too sure other than that.

6. Dan_Jones

Dan_Jones Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know if the Onkyo TX-DS595 can handle 88.2?

7. Brian D Scott

Brian D Scott Stunt Coordinator

I can't hear remastering at 88.2 with my Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver unless I use the analog settings. I know the manual had something else about copy protection being a reason for lack of or poor output.