What's new

RP-82 - Why won't remastering work?! (1 Viewer)

Sujeet Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sujeet
Trying to play with the remastering feature while playing CDs on my RP82. I've got a digital TOSLink cable going into my Denon 3802 receiver. Turned the remastering feature on in the Quick Setup. But when I push the remastering button on the unit, it brings in some awful snow noise, on all 3 modes. Help!

Gregg Z

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently your pre/pro/receiver cannot handle the 88.2 kHz signal.

There is a note about this in the manual right under the description of the feature. It even says that just because your pre/pro/receiver can handle a 96kHz signal doesn't mean it can handle an 88.2 kHz signal.

Sujeet Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sujeet
What I failed to mention is that I still hear music, it's just overshadowed by static. If my receiver doesn't handle the 88.2 kHz signal, I would think I wouldn't hear anything at all. But I'm still getting music, this is the part that confuses me. I also have no idea how to find out if my receier can handle the 88.2 kHz signal, any ideas where I should be looking for this info?

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I have a RP-91 and a Denon 2802. Remaster works fine at 88.2 khz, but only two channel. The receiver defaults to stereo with this signal. I believe the 3802 will allow PLII and 5 (6,7) channel stereo at a higher sampling rate.

Try putting the receiver to Direct sound. Not too sure other than that.

Brian D Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I can't hear remastering at 88.2 with my Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver unless I use the analog settings. I know the manual had something else about copy protection being a reason for lack of or poor output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks