What's new

Roy Orbison Black & White Night Redux (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I completely agree. Just try watching and listening to a short song, such as "Claudette". Totally different editing - and you can actually hear Tom Waits pounding away on the keyboard.

In the new version Waits is dialed down almost all the way on his solo and they put in a hilarious reaction shot of Orbison and Springsteen looking at each other and saying WTF was that?!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
In the new version Waits is dialed down almost all the way on his solo and they put in a hilarious reaction shot of Orbison and Springsteen looking at each other and saying WTF was that?!
I really enjoyed the disc, by the way - so many thanks for your recommendation. I would never have known from the Blu-ray.com review that this was a completely new edition. And I've been enjoying the CD in my car on the way to work for the last couple of weeks too!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I finally ordered this a few days ago, and my copy arrived today. This new mix is fantastic! Orbison's vocals sound heavenly. Thank you so much for posting this thread, as I may have missed this release completely otherwise.

I did try to download the five "Bonus Secret Post Show" songs, but only get the message "Our system is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again soon!" when going to the link provided. Hopefully it will be back up eventually.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I also got this recently and watched it this week, thanks to this thread. I had to put together a new shelving unit for my collection and I didn't want to watch a movie as I was doing it, but didn't want to sit in silence either. I probably spent more time watching the disc than actually putting the thing together, but what an incredible disc. The behind the scenes material is also fantastic. I saw the original edit of this on TV years ago, and this new version is so much better than what I remembered.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Why is the previous version of this blu-ray now selling on Amazon for $99? I realize that means it's out of print, but if it's been replaced by a superior release, who would want to pay that much?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Why is the previous version of this blu-ray now selling on Amazon for $99? I realize that means it's out of print, but if it's been replaced by a superior release, who would want to pay that much?
People will see the price and think it's the superior, rare version and I'd better grab it.

I've seen other crazy pricing on TVs. I'll be looking at a set for $1800 on Amazon and one of the other sellers has it for $3500, crazy stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks