Roy Jones Jr vs. Tarver

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Wes_B, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

This is going to be broadcast by HBO PPV. I can't find out if this feed will be HD. Does anyone happen to know?

2. Todd T

Todd T Auditioning

Sorry to say but HBO don't broadcast any Boxing in HD, as of yet. Showtime has shown a couple of Broadcasts in HD but most are still Analog.

Hope this helps

Todd

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

It will be on the HBO-HD channel, but like he said it's not really HD.

4. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

[​IMG] Dang, I wish there was real HD boxing. Thanks for the help guys.

5. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

In my opinion, it still looks better than regular HBO even though it's being upconverted.

6. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

"This time, it's personal."

7. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

So did anyone watch the fight? Figured I'd just discuss this here as its already started.

I think the fight did go to Roy. He was more agrresive throught most of the rounds, He controlled the fight with the single shots to the body and head of Tarver. I swear Tarver was shocked at how quick Roy could strike.

Tarver had some Beautiful combinations in almost every round but they only lasted a few seconds and when watched in slo-mo out of the 8 or so shots he was throwing only 2, or sometimes less, would land well.

Roy definatly did not look his best. In fact this is the worst I've ever seen him box. He got tired to quick, and didn't have his normal quick paced routine going. I think this had more to do with the 25+ lbs lost in 6 weeks than Tarvers boxing skills.

At the end of the faight I'm happy to see Roy was professional as always, and was very unfortunate to see Tarver was deluded in how his performance was. He had far to much energy left after the match, he should have worked harder.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tarver should have been able to beat Roy, I don't understand why he didn't. Maybe Roy's punches really were hurting him.