What's new

Row of 5 Theater Seats: Antique, circa 1929! Pick up only--in Nashville area. (1 Viewer)

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
UPDATED WITH PIX!! SEE THEM SIX POSTS BELOW!!!
These five seats are antique--really!! They were made in 1929 by American Seating Company and are heavy cast iron (I think). I painted them to match the color of my theater room, and the new fabric is pretty groovy--kind of a Southwestern style w/ dark hues! Because they don't rock/recline (and did i mention they're heavy?) you don't necessarily need to bolt them to the floor--just don't go out of your way to lean back or forward in them. The seat back is not tall, and the seats don't spring up when you stand up. Handles are wood. Lots of great artsy flourishes in the design of the endpieces and armrests. I only used three in my set-up, but there's enough for five chairs
total. $200 for the row of five--a bargain considering I spent $150 for fabric less than two years ago.
Their weight would make shipping them economically unfeasible, so if you're in the middle Tennessee area, you can pick them up.

marc seals

Agent
Damn wish I lived somewhere even remotely close to you:frowning:! I would buy those in a heartbeat.
Oh well...... good luck in selling them.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Just a bump & a reply. Maybe post the pictures here so we can look at em. You are out my of my range but would love to see em

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
would love to post pix here if...

i knew how.

i'm a bonehead with this computer stuff. anyone wanna give me a how-to, using small words? do i need a place to host (?) the file? if so, i don't....

otherwise, email me and i'll send pix.

thanks, steven

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
pics
seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
yet another shameless bump...:b

don't make these lovely chairs spend a cold winter on the back patio. give a warm home to live and be useful in.

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
Let me check with the wife. I have no problem picking them up. We spent a lot on Christmas this year, so she may deny me. Can't her to ask :).

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Denied......probably would have helped not to have my new cabinet saw delivered today. Man that thing was heavy!!!!

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
the clock is ticking, guys. . .

my Mitsubishi WS-65869 arrives in a matter of a few weeks. this row of seats must go! the $$$ from the sale is going to pay off a small chunk of the TV.

if you've been good this year, give Santa a hint. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks