1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Routers

Discussion in 'Computers' started by [email protected], Nov 11, 2017.

1. B8l@

Bill
    a Good one to buy ?

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Depends on the amount of coverage you need.

You can get a basic for about $40 for minimal coverage or go into a hundred or more dollars with more powerful units that have multiple antennas.

Linksys, Netgear and D-Link are the top brands.

I would do an Amazon search for routers. Look at the prices and read the reviews. I would love to recommend something specific to you, but models change all the time.

This is a highly rated basic router:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Ethernet-Archer-C50/dp/B0168G0KZY?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAINYWQL7SPW7D7JCA&tag=aboutcom02lifewire-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0168G0KZY&ascsubtag=4038819%7Cgoogle.com%7C%7C%7C83%2C3%2C17%2C15%2C10%2C80%7C1%7C

If you have money to burn and need something more powerful, these are the best-rated routers at this moment:

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/

3. Chris Strnad

Chris Strnad Stunt Coordinator

Another thing to consider is that where all the ethernet cables converge is often not the best place to have a wifi access point. A standalone access point gives you that flexibility.

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I just installed the almost-identical TP-link C5 V2 router, purchased for $30 on a pre-Xmas sale at Newegg. See my review on a new thread. It's great.