What's new

Route 66 (3 Viewers)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I've noticed that Jeff, probably why The Lieutenant is among my favorite of the war series. I'm surprised neither Randall nor you have ever done a photo-essay-commentary from that series over in What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)?
Oh, we have, Neal. I've revewed several episodes in the past in that thread...and I believe Randall has as well. In fact, he might just have some nice screencaps saved up and ready to roll (hint hint, Randall. ;) )

The 1960's

Effects Supervisor
Real Name
Neal Rose

icon_e_thinking.gif
I wonder where Orwellz got this print?​

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I have seen articles on R66 from the Martin Milner Archives, and in the the one from TV Guide in 1961 about how they were able to put that show on the road. Milner said that it could have been easily filmed in Hollywood, oh heck, if it weren't for Leonard/Silliphant and Screen Gems, Warner's could have taken a stab at it, cast Wayde Preston and Robert Colbert as a couple of hunky private eyes tooling about the country in a Ford T-Bird. W.T. Orr would have been EP, and Mack and Jerry would have written a jazzy theme song. Just letting my imagination run wild!

The 1960's

Effects Supervisor
Real Name
Neal Rose

Originally billed as "Playhouse of the Stars" this long running anthology series was originally presented live from New York City. Irene Dunne was briefly the hostess in 1952, and the show frequently used Broadway performers in classic stories.

S03E19 Rim of Violence (Jan.08.1954) Stars Scott Brady Martin Milner Marcia Patrick Gloria Saunders Alfred Linder William Woodson Jesslyn Fax B.G. Norman Lorna Thayer Sidney Clute Ralph Peters George Eldredge Hamilton Camp Caroline Norton Gayle Kellogg William Pullen

A young policeman's daily contact with ugliness and heartbreak shakes his faith in humanity.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Note: Rather than delete all of these - I'll just tell you I posted these in the wrong thread. Explanation at the end. Merry Christmas.

I can't believe it's Saturday already.
Here is Christmas in the 60's

Last edited:

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
For a time we lived within 20 minutes of Walt Disney World. A great Christmas tradition for us was to go see the Osborne Family Lights. Sadly they are no longer there. Here is the last show.

Osborne Final Night 2016

The 1960's

Effects Supervisor
Real Name
Neal Rose

In this science-fiction anthology series host Truman Bradley introduces stories extrapolated from actual scientific data available in the 1950's, concentrating on such concepts as space flight, UFO's and mental telepathy.

S02E27 Three Minute Mile (Nov.09.1956) Stars Truman Bradley Marshall Thompson Martin Milner Gloria Marshall Robert Bice William Henry John Eldredge

Since becoming Dr. Kendall assistant, college student Britt has gained incredible strength, and can run a mile in about three minutes. A nosy reporter, along with Britt's fiance, begin snooping to find out what kind of "Frankenstein"-type experiments the doctor is conducting.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetPreacher
Recent bookmarks