What's new

Roughnecks DVD question (1 Viewer)

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
In what order should the 4 current DVDs be watched? How many more are due out and is the series complete on TV?

Emery B

Agent
Watch in this order:

1. Pluto

2. Hydora

3. Tophet

4. Tesca

The next 3 arcs are:

5. Ice Asteroid

6. Klendathu

7. Earth

I don't think the final few episodes were ever completed (don't know from which arc it would be)...hopefully Sony sees the value in this show and springs to have them finished.

Joel C

Screenwriter
According to the commentary on Hydora, there were 40 episodes, and all were completed.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Any idea why the Tesca DVD has only Dolby surround, when all the others have DD5.1?
Also out of curiosity, I must ask what spine design they've chosen for the 2 new DVD's. Because Pluto and Tesca are somewhat different... :)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
As a rabid fan of the show, I can answer some of your questions. The show suffered from shortages of time and money throughout its production. In order to meet production deadlines and cut costs, four regular episodes were shelved and replaced with 'clip shows' (only one, "The Court Martial of Lt. Razak" was really good in my opinion) The episodes that were cut were the final episodes of the series giving us the end of the Bug War. The rationale for that choice was that the eps were so good, the show's producers thought Sony could be cajoled into producing them at a later date. One reason why I talk up the show is to encourage its popularity in hopes Sony will cough up the cash to produce the final shows.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Gord, thanks for the great reviews. At last years San Diego Comicon, show producer Audu Paden announced that two more DVDs are in the works: the "Klendathu" arc and the "Earth" arc. I'm not sure of the release date, but with these releases all but the "Ice Asteroid" episodes will be available. For folks that didn't get to see the show (which is almost everyone) this is great news.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks