Rough Cutt finally on CD!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Keith I, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I've been waiting sooooo long, telling myself these albums would probably never make it to CD (I have these on cassette since they were released in 1985 and 1986) and now Wounded Bird Records ("A CD-only, reissue label") has announced that both Rough Cutt albums (Rough Cutt and Wants You!) will be released on ONE CD on September 13.

Paul Shortino (vocals)
    David Alford (drums, vocals)
    Matt Thorr (bass)
    Chris Hager (guitar)
    Amir Derakh (guitar)

Shortino once sang for Quiet Riot (replacing Kevin DuBrow). Some of the band also formed the short-lived Jailhouse (EP was called ALIVE IN A MAD WORLD).

www.woundedbird.com (label website)
    www.woundedbird.com/rough_cutt/5268.htm (specific page)
    www.roughcutt.com (band's site, not updated for awhile)

2. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

Wow, I completely forgot about these guys until I saw this thread. Can't say I remember the sound but I'm guessing it was very 'hair-band'.

3. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Both of those albums were released on CD once before... in Japan. I have the Japanese releases which came out in the early 1990's if I remember correctly. Of course, I paid about $25 a piece for them. I think the Japanese releases are long out of print now.

Man... I was a HUGE Rough Cutt fan back in high school and I still have both albums on LP. Did their first album really come out 20 years ago? It certainly doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

There is place that many of you who have no idea who Rough Cutt is have seen their lead singer Paul Shortino. He makes a brief appearance as Duke Fame in This is Spinal Tap in that scene in the hotel lobby.

Wounded Bird has some pretty cool stuff available on their site. I first found them a few years ago when I was looking for Axe's Offering album on CD which may as well have been the Holy Grail until Wounded Bird released it.

4. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

They have Loudness listed as coming soon. Damn, I saw these guys open for AC/DC in the 80's. Japanese Hair Metal, talk about bizarre [​IMG]

5. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Wounded Bird Records saves money on packaging by having a most generic-looking cover (back and front; see link in Post #1) but the music and audio sound good and that's what matters. "Dreamin' Again" is my favorite track from the first album, the second being "Black Widow." My cassette's tape is worn out over those songs.

THANK YOU, WOUNDED BIRD RECORDS! [​IMG]