What's new

Rouge Squadron 3 confirmed... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.c...n=item&id=4132

I don't care if these games are redundant, as the staff says, but they are damned fun :). THe Second one was so great to look at, you almost forgot to control the ship in the game :).

I do hope they add some more ground missions, however, and make them more fun than Shadows of The Empire was. For instance, wouldn't it be cool to have to destroy the Walker by metaling yourself to it alla Luke Skywalker and having some infiltration missions?

It would also be good if they could have some online interaction, so we can battle people out across the world. For instance, 100 people battlign each other and playing out the' Death Star Battle' for Return of the Jedi :)..

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
They need to seriously look at the difficulty level and balance of the game though. It looked and sounded very good but was way too difficult for the casual gamer.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So is Tao Feng and Virtua Fighter 4, but nobody seems to complain. In fact, they use that to praise both games.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Yeah I liked the difficulty level of Rouge Leader. I got way more mileage out of the game then I would have if it were super easy. Besides, they did make it easy for the casual gamer by releasing cheat codes.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Agreed on the Difficulty Level. While it was frustrating staying up till the wee hours of the morning either trying to beat the level or get a gold medal, it was TONS rewarding...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
So is Tao Feng and Virtua Fighter 4, but nobody seems to complain. In fact, they use that to praise both games.
I'm not going to comment from a personal perspective on Tao Feng as I haven't played it (nor do I have any desire to) but I would say praise is an extreme word to use when talking about Tobias' latest effort. In fact I do believe one of the biggest complaints was the games simplicity and how easy it is to I do the same combo's over and over again to overtake your enemy.(Any Tao Feng lovers out there want to set me straight, feel free to do so:)).

I do believe however, Virtua Fighter 4 garnered its praise for its sophisticated and deep fighting engine as well an intuitive learning curve that allowed the player to progress at his/her own pace. Not too mention the game includes one of the best training modes of a fighting game to date.

Now if you would have given say Contra: Shattered Soldier, and possibly the new Shinobi title on the PS2 (one hell of a kick ass game but bastardly HARD!) as examples I would be to agree with your statements Morgan.:)

As for Rogue Squadron 3, I agree with the statements above that the game could use more land missions. Everything that could be done space battle wise has been done to the point of ad nauseum anymore with these titles IMHO.(Im lumping Jedi Starfighter and the first Starfighter game in this category as well)

There is a glimmer of hope thoigh, as there are comments from one of the devs acknowledging that we have not traveled the forests of Endor in a videogame for quite some time;). Now that excites me.

Users who are viewing this thread