What's new

Rottentomatoes (1 Viewer)

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I love this site.Check it every Friday and base all my movie going around their fresh ratings.I agree,it has been awhile since there have been more than 1 fresh movie in the top 5.I do hope this trend continues.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Hands down the best movie site on the web. I visit it every Friday as well.
Just surprised "Joy Ride" is getting good reviews... maybe I'll actually see it. :)
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001
[Edited last by Michael Perez on October 10, 2001 at 11:16 PM]

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I live by this site as well. A few things I've noticed...
Quality kids/family films usually get the highest rankings. Like Iron Giant, a fine film, but 97-100%?? So the films that usually rank the best tend to be a little off the pace of "greatest" and are instead very good films that don't put anyone off.
The better films usually live in the 70-80 range. They push the limits and tend to leave a few reviewers unhappy, while thrilling the rest.
There are some gems to be found in the 50 range. Or at least some fun films that might have flaws but still might appeal to you.
I've yet to see a film hit 30 or less and not bore me at the least and piss me off most times.
It's great that they leave quotes by the films and also set aside the more prestigious reviewers. It helps to put the "score" in perspective. Sometimes the statements in the rotten reviews indicate a fault/aspect that I either don't mind or actually enjoy.
Sadly, it's been loaded with a lot of junk lately. I noticed that it had those 4 in the top 10 box office as well. Can Oscar season get here soon enough?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Greetings from the Humungus! The Lord Humungus!
The Warrior of the Wasteland!
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
I think the only movie which really surprised me based on a very low rating on rottentomatoes was Final Destination which has only 35% but nonetheless I liked it.
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was disappointed by ratings on Rotten Tomatoes for "The Deep End", "Sexy Beast", "Joy Ride" and "Spy Kids" and most of the films on their "rotten" list are small films that I won't be seeing in the theaters due to the distance to getting to these theaters that play the small films.
But from their best of 2001, I liked:
Ghost World
Memento
The Others
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks