1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Rotten Tomatoes Audience Scores Now Counts Verified Ticket Buyers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Wayne_j, May 23, 2019.

1. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Cinematographer

Wayne
  2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I don't think they'll ONLY count those reviews. My reading from the article at EW seems like they're adding "verified" badges to reviewers who are confirmed ticket buyers, but all visitors will still be able to post reviews, as always.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/23/rotten-tomatoes-introduces-verified-audience-reviews/

3. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Cinematographer

Wayne
    My reading is that the default view is verified but you will be able to select to view all if wanted.

4. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Cinematographer

Wayne
    The system is now live for Aladdin. They are working it like they do for top critics and all critics where you can switch between the two. Aladdin is currently at 90% verified with 77 reviews and at 80% with all audience with 510 reviews.

5. cinemiracle

cinemiracle Supporting Actor

Peter
    I rarely trust reviews and especially the 'star' rating system,which is meaningless .One reviewer's 5 star rating is another person's 1 star rating. It is time that the star system was laid to rest. People will see a film if they really want to and disregard all reviews and star ratings.