Rotel With M&K

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Davies, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Michael Davies

Hi everyone

I need some help AGAIN

I have been doing some reading and im not sure if i have added 2 and 2 from different posts and articles and gotten 22. So could someone clarify things for me.

Are rotel amps not a good match for M&K speakers due to 4 ohm output ?

Any advice? being in Oz majorly limits access to quality power amps (well in my price range anyway) so i need to have this straight in my head before i start laying down $$$$$

Thanks in advance

2. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I'm not sure what you mean by 'ohm outputs' exactly, but I'll take a stab at it. If you mean that M&K speakers are 4 or 6 ohm, instead of the easier to drive 8 ohm speakers, don't worry about mating them with any Rotel piece of equipment.

The reason you never see Rotel discounted as much as some other brands is that their equipment actually costs them something to produce. In turn, they make amplifiers that will drive any likely load they encounter. It is one of the things they are known for, in addition to excellent sound.

3. Michael Davies

Thanks James

Yes that is what i meant, upon re-reading my post it isnt very clear

im sure i was reading that rotels are not great with 4 ohm speakers, which is why i was asking. So thanks again for clearing that up

Michael