What's new

Rotel vs. NAD (1 Viewer)

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator
For comparable products(specifically pre/pros, amps, and recievers) within each companies product line, which company do you feel offers the better value?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
value, probably a nudge to nad. quality, probably a nudge to rotel. I chose an NAD cd player. And I don't have too much experience with rotel components except in showrooms, so i don't come from a position of much authority.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I'm a Rotel guy through and through. I've owned something Rotel for the past five years, never had a problem and would buy the gear again without hesitation. I don't know much about NAD, so I'll pass on that aspect of your question.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Both are very nice companies and have a similar music first before features attitude that I very much like. NAD's had some quality control issues lately though that would concern me. Rotel on the other hand has proven to be very easy to work with and continue to support their users with great service and free firmware updates to tweak the units as we request new features or changes to the interface etc. There's also the looks of the products and in that regard the Rotels are beauty pagent winners compared to the ugly duckling NADs:D

george_k

Agent
Andrew,

I kinda like the ugly duckling look, it keeps a low profile, in fact most people that look at it think it's a cheap receiver.

If my place ever gets robbed maybe the robber will overlook the receiver thinking it's a piece of crap :)

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
I like the subtle look of NAD products, as well. It looks more "pro" to me. I do also like the silver Rotel products, but they are relatively new. I think both lines rank well in terms of value, performance, and quality, though Rotel may offer longer warranties, if I'm not mistaken.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I do not think NAD equipment looks like "crap." It actually looks very unlike most of the mass market receivers found in Best Buy and Sears. I guess beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

Reg

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
George,

NAD had recalls on the 751/761's and 752/762's...

Chris,

If I was going 2 channel, I would go NAD

If I was going HT, I would go Rotel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks