What's new

Rotel RTC-965 (1 Viewer)

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Rotel RTC-965 and it is having problems with surround. I bought it used and when I got it, I was able to watch one movie in 5.1 surround. Now it will only play in pro logic. Has anyone else experienced anything similar, or have any input? I have changed absolutely nothing from the first movie that played properly. After the movie I turned everything off, then the next day I tried to watch another movie and could only get pro logic.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Steve can you expand more on exactly what gear you have plugged into the Rotel and with what connections?

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have only my DVD player (Sony DVP-NS425P) connected by S-video and an RCA for the digital audio.

BillG

Agent
Crazy idea number one: Check the configuration on your DVD player. Maybe it is set to not output the DD or DTS bitstreams. I don't know why it would work once and not again, but heck, it's worth double-checking.

Crazy idea number two: Does it do this on all movies? I've seen a number of movies where the default audio is 2 channel PCM. You have to go to the DVD menu to select one of the surround audio streams.

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I checked my DVD player and it looks right. And it does it on every movie I have tried so far. I went into the audio setup for a couple of them, and selected DD 5.1, and still only got Pro-Logic.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Steve, you might also want to try calling Ensemble Home Theater in Nashua (not sure of where in NH you are). I shop there all the time and they are a Rotel dealer. Their staff is very knowledgeable and may be able to provide help over the phone. If not, and you are close enough to the store, you could bring the Rotel in for them to diagnose/repair, if necessary......

By the way....did you ever play hockey for the Hartford Whalers???????

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
Never played hockey, I'm actually from Michigan
I have been to Ensemble a few times, I could spend forever in there. I left their repair tech Joe a message last week, I am going to try to get a hold of him this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks