Rotel RSX-1065, Marantz SR8200, Denon AVR-3802?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnSC, Jan 14, 2002.

1. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone tested the Rotel RSX-1065? I am looking to upgrade my Marantz SR680 and want to move into a better sounding model. Audio sound is of high importance to me followed by home theatre features and performance. I am from Australia and waiting for it to be released here in March 2002. How do you think it would compare to the other models above?

2. LawrenceK

LawrenceK Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I own one and I love it. It comes close to their seperates in terms of audio quality, and has a good deal more features. I upgraded from a Pioneer Elite 24tx and it really blew the old one away. Bass notes no longer hung around the room, it was able to go from quieter scenes in movies to much louder ones (SPR underwater scene) without sounding strained or harsh. It looks great, and comes with a really excellent remote. My only reseration with it is that when balancing the sound levels, you have to switch back and forth between VE or Avia and a menu in the reciever setup, which is not the easiest way to do it. I have no idea how it compares to the other two recievers, but I would definately check it out.

3. SeanMcV

SeanMcV Auditioning

While I don't own the RSX-1065, I did purchase the RSX-1072 that replaced it, and I've been very happy with it. I was also seriously considering the Denon 3801/3802, but ended up going with the Rotel primarily because of sound quality. The Denon definitely provides more in terms of the latest features (you'll only get 5.1 surround with the Rotel), but I felt that the Rotel was the clear winner when listening to music.

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Strictly on sound quality, the Rotel is probably best. On many of their products to achieve what they do they sometimes don't have all the features that some other brands may have, for example, speaking switching. So as long as you don't need the extra features, I would recommend the Rotel.

5. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

Sean: Are you saying the 1072 is the most recent one?

If that's the case, where did you find it and where can I get information.

The Rotel site says the 1065 was only available as of last September.

Maybe I'm missing something?

6. SeanMcV

SeanMcV Auditioning

Oops, my bad. I didn't read the original post closely enough, I guess, and responded without doublechecking model numbers. I thought that he was talking about the older 965, which was replaced by the 972. (and therefore started talking about an imaginary new model, the 1072) The 1065 is definitely the latest and greatest from Rotel. Sorry about that.

Doesn't change what I was trying to say, though. If you are satisfied with what the Rotel provides featurewise, you should be very happy with the way it sounds.