Rotel RSX 1055 Or .......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arron H, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

I recently upgraded to B&W 805s/HTM2 and I starting to look at upgrading other components as well. I currently have a Yamaha RXV-1200 but am wondering if going to the Rotel RSX 1055 would be simply a lateral move or a true upgrade. If I went with the 1055, I would eventually want to get a RMB 1075 or 1095 and use the 1055 as a processor only. Here are some questions:
    1. Is the move from my Yamaha to the 1055 a lateral?
    2. How would the Yamaha work as a processor for the 1075 or 1095? This would seemingly be a less expensive upgrade path as I would not have to buy two new components by using the Yammy as a processor.
    3. Should I be considering the 1066 as a processor replacement for the Yammy rather than the 1055? I have read some threads on this forum indicating that the 1055 & 1066 are preety comparable as far as processing is concerned.
    3. What would you do if you were in my shoes [​IMG]

2. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

Ooops - didn't realize I was on the speakers forum. Could I have this thread moved over to receivers forum? :b :b

3. Greg_W

Greg_W Stunt Coordinator

It sounds like you are intrested in moving to separates in the future. I don't know anything about your reciever, but if it has preouts for all the channels and processing modes you need, I would get the power amp first and then later get a pre-pro. BTW I have a 1055 and think it is great, but the biggest benefit for you would come from an amp.

Greg

4. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

Greg, thanks for the reply. I'm going to move this thread over to the receivers forum.