What's new

Rotel RSP-1066 or Proceed PAV/PDSD (1 Viewer)

Girish

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
girish
I have narrowed my choice of prepro to these two. I almost bought the Rotel but also saw the Proceed PAV/PDSD at the same store. I am aware the company doesnot exist anymore. Do you guys think its a good buy? I am using a 5.1 system. I am looking for somebody to push me towards proceed(unless there a good reason not to!!) Price wise its double.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I'd recommend doing a search on the AVS forum. There seemed to be quite a few Proceed owners there, many of whom were not pleased with how Proceed fizzled out. The Rotel 1066 is a pre that I own. It's outdated now. The 1068 is the current model, listing for about $1,700. If you get a used 1066 in good shape for $700-800, that's a good deal.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I agree if the proceed is double the price of the Rotel and its within your budget you likely can afford the Rotel 1068 which I highly recomend. The 1066 is a nice unit as well but lacks the amazing bass managment the newer units have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks