does count for something. Anyway, I saw today the Rotel
RSP-1066 in both black and silver and I have to say
the silver one looks better. Gone is the cheezy looking
red plastic bezel that surrounds the volume control
on the black unit and the frosted silver finish actually
costs more for Rotel to get done.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I, too like silver. I too like clams, and I too like oysters. My tastes differ, but I like both silver, and clams. Tell me, Richard, do you like silver and oysters?:) :D

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I actually don't like clams or oysters :frowning: but I like the silver even though my Rotel 960 is black with the "cheezy looking red plastic bezel" which I happen to like :D

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I will say that the silver 1066 does look nice... but since all of my equipment in my audio rack (have a separate video rack) is black, the black Rotel fits in better. Also, black does not reflect light and since I have a 106" front projection screen I need the least amount of reflection from the surroundings so black fits the bill better in my HT room.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I agree with mark I loved the look of the silver one but I picked tha black b/c it disappears in my rack which is something I desired given the location of my rack

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
The guys who had the shootout yesterday posted a picture of the 1066 and 950 together. I was surprised to find I prefered the look of the 950 to the Rotel. I'm assuming I'm in the vast minority here, but while it's plain I don't find the look of the 950 objectionable at all. :)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I went with the silver 1066, (still waiting, was told it would be here for sure early next week) all my other components are black but the 1066 will be at the top of the stack just under the turntable. I made a 10 shelf Flexi rack and I think the Silver 1066 is gonna make a neat transition point between all the black components and the Rega P2.;)

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Brent,

You mentioned you made a 10 shelf flexi rack. Do you have any pictures? I wouldn't mind making something similar myself.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Sorry I don't have a digi cam but a friend has one maybe I can get some pics next week and post them.:frowning:

Roly

Auditioning
Brent:
I also have a Rega P2, old vinyl sounds great on it.
I am about to construct a Flexi rack for my system but am concerned how the silver 1066 would look.
It would help a lot to see an actual setup with the Rega and the 1066 below it (that is how I would do it too).
Looking forward to seeing the pics, thanx. :cool:
Roly

BrentPollard

Second Unit
My silver 1066 should be in today, will know shortly. If so I should have it setup tonite and I'll try to get a cam to post pictures.;)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT"S HERE!
It just arrived today but I had to attend my Daughter's grade 8 grad. So I will spend the next 24 hrs setting up and getting aquainted. Roly, I set it under the P2 and I think it looks sweet man. This will probably replace sex for a couple a weeks.:D I will do what I can to post some pics soon:emoji_thumbsup:

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Does only the silver 1066 have the sex replacement option? I looked all over my black 1066 and could not find any such feature???? :frowning:

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Mark, I think it's that blue led. :D I put on a brand new 180 gram pressing of CCR listened to Suzie-Q and was in nirvanna, and it ain't even broken in yet:emoji_thumbsup:

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Link does not work for me neither Brent.
Thanks for reminding me of this thread though!
I can post this here from the long Rotel thread:
Well with all the pictures of the "silver 1066" I thought I would take a few of my black 1066 so we are not left out!

Click the below link for a few Hi-Res pictures!
Pictures of my BLACK Rotel 1066!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks