What's new

Rotel RSP-1066 Bass Management (1 Viewer)

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator
I own a Rotel RSP-1066 and have been happy with it. Recently I have been considering upgrading my 10 year old Adcom CD player with a Sony SCD-XA777ES. I have read several posts regarding potential problems when using the Rotel RSP-1066 Multi Input for 5.1 music. My RSP-1066 is currently using version 1.41 software. Can anyone describe the potential problem (or confirm there is no problem) and let me know if there is a software fix from Rotel or a work around solution?

My dealer has called Rotel and gave me the following reply, "When you select the Multi Input on the Rotel, all the processor's crossover settings for large and small speakers are ignored. All of those settings affect how the processor does its digital signal processing which isn't performed on signals coming in on the analog Multi Input. The only thing you can do with that input is temorarily changing the level of each channel or the sub. Additionally, even on either inputs, the "large" setting means that the bass information does not get routed to those speakers instead of the sub."

Has anyone attempted to connect a SACD player like the Sony through the RSP-1066 Multi Input jacks? If so please give me your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks