What's new

Rotel RMB-1095 vs. Parasound Halo A 52 (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Both are $2000 retail, with the Rotel of course having the upper hand in power (I beleive the Parasound is underated) Can someone give me some feedback on these two. I beleive the parasound has a 10 year warrenty (not sure) Thanks!

Yogi

Screenwriter
I personally prefer warm sound and so prefer Parasound over Rotel sound. But the Rotel is an excellent amp in every which way so I dont think you would be unhappy with either. The best way is to have it in your system and listen to it yourself.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
wow, Yogi, you dont think the rotel is warm? sometimes, i think its too warm with my speakers..

Rich

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad I went with the Rotel over the Parasound for my Klipsch's... the Rotel is plenty warm for me.

I really miss my McCormack... I don't know how to characterize its sound; perhaps bright without being painfull or annoying. VERY realistic.

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
Arthur, just to let you know, here in Canada Parasound products aren't priced competitively.

In the US, the Rotel and the Parasound have the same price, while up here, there is quite a difference. The Rotel is $3000, and Parasound is $3800.

Just giving you the heads up now so it's not a surprise when you ask your Parasound dealer for the price. :)

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure, but from the price Parasound gives on their page I'm guessing it's about $2000-$2500.

NicholasL

Second Unit
Parasound Halo's warranty is 10 years for parts, 5 years for labor. I personally don't think they sound warm at all. I have Klipsch reference 7 speakers all the way around connected to A51 and A21 Halp amps, and the sound is very neutral to me...I almost liken the sound to my Elite 45TX, which is also described as relatively neutral in tone.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Picked my Rotel RMB-1095 8weeks ago for $1550CDN(with 9yr warranty) and too me the sound is awesome. It was powering Paradigm Mini Monitors/CC350 in my setup until I sold them Tuesday. Today I get the new Studio 40,20,470 v3 today.

Kevin

Rob Verstegen

Auditioning
I recently bought a Parasound 2205A and put it to the test next to my Rotel RMB1095 before deciding which one had to go.

Soundwise these two amps do not differ that much. However the Parasound clearly wins in detail and bottom end power. The test was mostly performed in stereo on Nautilus 802 and 804 speakers, using a Meridian 568.2 and a Parasound AVC2500. Especially on the N802 the smoother and faster bass was much appreciated.

When using the amp purely for 5.1 DVD with a subwoofer, the differences are hard to notice. The Parasound A52 is based on the 2205A(T).

Rob

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I,ve paid around 1500$ cdn too for my RMB-1095.

Just learn to know your dealer, and develop a relationship base on confidence, and it will be easy to have this price.

Got a brand new Bryston 4BSST from the same dealer for 2000$ cdn... that,s more then a steal!

And he just exchange all my Paradigm Reference v2 for v3 for free... hehehe

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
why couldnt you live in montreal....thats closer to me, i could ask then which dealer, go up there, and buy the sucker...

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks