What's new

Rotel RMB-1075 vs Parasound A52 Amps (1 Viewer)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I don't know how it sounds with the 100s, but the Parasound Halo A52 sounds wonderful with the 40s. I've had mine for a week or so. Hey, you live in Southern California. You can bring your 100s over to my place, then you can hear what the A52 sounds like, and I can drool over you 100s! :D

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Let's see, me bringing over (2) 100 lbs. each speakers over to your place instead of you bringing your compacted 50 lbs amp to mine. Sounds perfect!;)

Where are you? I'm in OC. Did you get anything else like the C1 or C2 pre/pro? If you did, I'm there.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
the first thing i notice is that the parasound weighs about 13 pounds more than the rotel. i'd say a good part of that would be in case and heatsinks. the specs on the parasound are quite close to the specs of the parasound HCA-1205, but i would wager a guess that the components used to build the halo are a step above those used in the classic line, and probably the rotel as well. the halo does have a mosfet driver stage that the 1205 lacks, and i would say that everything, from circuit boards, capacitors, transistors and transformers are just better quality than in the cheaper parasound or rotel units.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Congrats on the new A52! Guess you couldn't resist it after all
Yep, I couldn't resist. I went to audition the MCA 50. It was nice, but I kept thinking about the Parasound. I went back to Goodguys and put in the order. Since I plan on having this amp for a long time, I wanted to get what I really wanted. So I did. :D

This sucker is built like a proverbial tank. It's solid as a rock. Heavy as all get out. I'm really pleased with the sound of 2 channel music. And the movies don't sound half bad, either! ;)

Regardless, it's staying. I don't have the strength to carry it back to the store!

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Sure, you don't have the strength to carry back to the store, but you'd like for me to take the 100s down a flight of stairs, into the van, drive for an hour, then carry it into your house so we can test both gears. Then back outta your house, drive, and up the stairs again. I'm tired from just thinking and writting about this. Maybe, I'll buy me a A52 or you a pair of 100s fro the sake of both of our backs.:D

I saw this at the Good guys today also and got to audition the C1. WOW! Brushed aluminum. These units are just unbelievably good looking!

Yogi

Screenwriter
I prefered the sound of Parasound over Rotel with the speakers I have and thats only because I have a preference towards warm laid back sound. I think both would mate well with Paradigms and you would be happy with either. The Parasound does look sweeeet, I must admit. Also Parasound is biased more into Class A for the first few watts (where most of the listening happens anyway). I dont think the Rotel is biased into Class A at all but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

StevieC

Grip
Have you looked into the Parasound HCA-1205A ? It is 140 W x 5 and only $1199. Distance cousin to the A52 ?

The Halo A52 is much much better looking.

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Forum member James Elvick (~ 200 reviews on ebay), just listed his parasound 2003A (700) and 2205a (1300) for sale on audiogon.

2003A is also a GREAT way for someone to add three very good amp channels for the front 3 speakers. ANY 2 channel parasound(s) would work for rear and rear centers (later). I think the 2003A will go very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks