What's new

Rotel RMB-1075 combined with Yamaha RXV-1300 (1 Viewer)

Tom-KK

Auditioning
Hey

I have a Yamaha RXV 1300 and i was wondering if i bought a RMB1075, would i get a cleaner sound,louder sound?

Will i get the Yamaha sound when i connect the power amplifier? Is it the processor who deciedes the sound?

I am new to seperates.I was thinking of buying the HK AVR8500 (reciever), but i don't think it has the power that i am looking for.RXV 1300 has a very nice sound when watching movies, but i want it to go louder without making the sound harsh.

The Yamaha has 6x100w,8ohm and the RMB1075 has 5x120w.On paper it doesn't seem to be worth it, or is it? It's just 20w difference.

The speakers im using is Patos (norwegian speakers) 4ohm on the front's, and 6 ohms on the rest.It goes very deep, and has lots of bass.

Maybe the RMB 1075 is not for me or? Could anyone recommend me something else for movies, and in the same pricerange as the 1075.

Thanks

regards
Tom

Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I had the Yamaha 2200 and then added a rotel rb 1080 amp (2x200) to try to help out the sound for music. For me, it was not worth adding the external amp because the sound characteristics were still of the Yamaha. I returned the Yamaha.

I must say that although I could not stand the Yamaha for any music, it did sound absolutely great for movies. I hope other recievers can duplicate the HT sound of the yamaha.

John_AG

Auditioning
Hi Tom,

I have the Rotel RMB-1075 and demoed the
RXV-1300 both with and without the Rotel.
The Yamaha is great HT receiver, and the 1075 is
defintely a significant upgrade. Go for it!!

I'm still trying to decide whether I go for a RXV-1300 or
Rotel RSX-1055 to use with my 1075.

Cheers

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
I love Rotel's stuff. They tend to rate their watts/channel conservatively so the 120 might be beefier than you think.

One thing you can do is get the amp, see if it makes the difference you're after. If it doesn't, sell the 1300 and buy a rotel preamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks