Rotel Responds!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Erik Farstad, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

Rotel has responded to this thread:
    http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/inde...estTimeout=500
    And here's what they had to say:
    ---Many thanks for your comments on the Rotel RSP 1066 in fact the thread you have begun is very interesting. It highlights and confirms many of the ideas we have been discussing internally.
    Our primary concentration of late has been wrestling with the introduction of Dolby EX and the changes that inclusion wrought on the product. There has also been a steady stream of dealer requests for minor adjustments to IR codes, default settings as well as the odd software snafu that's absorbed our engineering group time.
    Rotel is now preparing the bigger brother to the SP 1066 that will be out next year and definitely the top three items in your own listing are already being featured in this new model.
    We want to bring these operational improvements to all our models and in the course of the next six months there should be a major software revision. The last thing we want to do is to do is piece meal and so bundling all the changes together is important.
    Even when we do make a major revision not everyone's ideas will or can be incorporated so somebody will be disappointed. However it our company intention to follow the desires and whims of the user base so please keep the list going we appreciate it.
    Thank you very much for running this thread I believe in time your readers will see us begin to make some of the changes they are suggesting validating that we do take notice.
    You may advise a couple of the people posting their needs that we already include the following fixed IR commands.
    1) Cinema EQ is available with direct command
    2) 5 Channel and 7 Channel stereo have direct IR
    3) To turn Off/On the display hold down the OSD button for 5 seconds.
    We have posted the IR commands in the Pronto format on our website.......a message to [email protected] if you have a problem.
    Mike-----
    I'd say all those Rotel 1066 owners out there, myself included, should be pretty happy right now!
    Thought you'd all like to hear this news.....WAY TO GO ROTEL!!!![​IMG]
    E

2. AVspec

AVspec Supporting Actor

Mark
    That is good news. It is always nice when a company listens and then actually acts on the advice of the customers. Looking forward to the next update.

3. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

4. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

Jeff, I'm lost. What do you mean by "discrete commands?" Right now, with the remote, the C-EQ can be turned on/off. Do you mean something else?

E

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

That means a code for ON and a different one for OFF. It makes programing macros easier. I am guessing that is what he wants.

--
    Holadem

6. Tony Lai

Tony Lai Stunt Coordinator

I find it encouraging that a company would continue to support and improve a product ON THE REQUEST OF ITS USERS and without additional cost.

Other companies should take note.

T.

7. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

8. Lam Nguyen

Lam Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

I'm planning to purchase the rsp-1066 early next year, with Rotel releasing a another preamp, should I wait to see what's new with the new preamp? Does this mean the 1066 will be discontinued. Does any know the price range of the new preamp? 1500 is the most I could afford.
    Any information will be greatly appreciated

9. Arnold van Oostrum

Perhaps you can take a look at the HTGUIDE forum, where a thread about this new model RSP-1098 is started. You'll find it here
    The RSP-1098 will come next to the RSP-1066 and is about twice the price the 1066 is.

10. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

If I remember correctly, the new Rotel is intended to compete with the big boys in terms of sound and features, yet be more reasonably priced. Time will tell and it will be very interesting to see how well they do in this regard.

As for the upgrade situation, I'm extremely impressed with not only Rotel's commitment to improving their product, but to listening to the users of their equipment for imput. That's top drawer, in my opinion. So many companies advertise their product as being upgradable, but do little to follow through or charge too much for the upgrade. I'm becoming more and more a fan of this company. In fact, they deserve inclusion in my signature below, which will be rectified once I finish this post.