What's new

Rotel Rdv-1080 (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, the '1080 is an older model and was discontinued awhile back. I don't own one, but a local dealer had one on display when it was current. The picture quality looked fine to me, but I wasn't really evaluating it for that. It's a great component on the audio side (it offers DVD-Audio playback). Build quality is just O.K. for what was then a $1000 component.

The '1080 been discussed here a bit, but I've read more about it over on Audio Asylum. The overall word I've read is that it's a great performer with audio and video. As an older model, I wonder how the '1080 stacks up on the video side when compared to current models in the $1000 range.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
One other thing. The '1080 was modeled after the cheaper JVC XV-D723. Like the JVC player, the '1080 lacks stereo analog outputs, which I think is silly for a $1000 component and one from an audio-first company like Rotel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks