ROTEL RDV-1080 for $300.00

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mike Butny, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Mike Butny

Mike Butny Stunt Coordinator

I bought this dvd player as a demo and so far I don't have any complaints.I have not checked out the dvd audio side of things yet but I plan to in the near future. I know at one time this machine retailed for $1500.00 and then got droped to $1000.00. Is their anyone out there who has this player and any complaints about it. Is their a better player out there that beats the rotel for $300.00.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mike, I don't think you will find a better player for $300. As long as your '1080 is in good condition and proves to be reliable, you did very well. My concerns with a demo is how it was treated while on display. In the case of the '1080, it probably was not abused. High-end retailers usually take good care of components. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. are another story.

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

That seems like a very sweet deal. The 1060 DVD player just won a british DVD-A review beating out several $$$$ players so they're made well and sound unbelieveable[​IMG]

4. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

Some people are able to spot some refurbish Denon DVD-3800 for 500-600$. I think it would be equal or better then the Rotel, for half the price.

If you can find one, you should consider it.