Rotel RDV 1060

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_J_D, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

I was hoping to learn some more about this DVD player. I'm on a list to get it when it comes out. But before I throw down a ton of cash I would like to know more about it. Can anyone help me? How are Rotels current DVD players? I have the Rotel 1066 and 1075 and I am very pleased with those pieces. Any advice would be great. Thanks

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Mike, FYI: The section devoted to DVD Etc. is for discussing stories and reviews that run in the magazine. JB

3. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

Mike,

I've also been keeping an eye out for this new Rotel player. I am a big Rotel fan and I also own the 1066/1075 combo. The 1060's big brother-the 1080 is a pretty nice piece. Build quality is excellent, Picture Quality is supposed to be pretty good. I think that the knock on it is that it is essentially a repackaged low end JVC player with enhancements to the audio section. Not really worthy of a $1,000 player.

I really don't know much about the 1060 other than the little information on Rotel's site. If you find one, come back and let us know how it is!

4. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

I'm wary of Rotel DVD players. In my opinion, Rotel has never produced a player worthy of its pricetag.

Rotel does an excellent job making amps, CD players, pre-pros, but the Rotel folks still have a lot to learn about DVD players. Heaven forbid they sell a DVD player under $500.

I recommend Marantz in that price range.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

There's several threads on Rotel DVD players here tha might interest you.

6. Mike_J_D

Mike_J_D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys for all your help. I'm looking at the Marantz, but still want to hear the 1060. When I get more info ill post. Thanks again

7. Clint Walker

Clint Walker Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys, just an FYI: I've put in a request to Rotel for the new players...I should hear back in a few days. BTW: I currently use the Rotel RDV 1080 as my "reference" player for reviews and I can tell you first-hand it is a rock solid player/performer. We have been using this player for nearly 2-years and it looks and functions like new. I don't want to say we "abuse" any products, but it goes without saying that it gets above average use.