Rotel RB1070 or Anthem MCA2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle_Y, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking into adding a seprate stereo amp and I'm considering Anthem and Rotel. Would the Anthem be a better amp than the Rotel? The Rotel has less power, but it's internal components seem equal or higher than the Anthem's. I am concerned with 4ohm capability, my fronts are 4ohm, A/D/S towers, somewhat power hungry. The Rotel's transformer is slightly larger but power supply capacitance is the same, except that the Anthem I believe has more output devices. Both amps seem to have good reviews and both seem very reliable. I love midrange, that is my main priority. Which one is best?

2. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

In terms of midrange, I think that your best bet is with the anthem. As for punch, the edge goes to the rotel. For highs, with the rotel you will have sweeter and smoother, while with the anthem it will be a tad sharper and chrisper. It totally depends on what your listening tastes are. But either way, you will be happy, both of these amps are damn good. If they are the same price, then I would go with the Anthem, unless you want to have a slightly punchier and smoother amp, in which case go with the rotel.