Rotel RB-985

BarOr

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I wondered if I would buy nice receiver (something that support DPL2, AC-3, DTS and more) and connect it by PREOUT to the RB-985 will it affect the sound. The other option is to buy RSP-976 and connect it to the RB-985 but this is too expansive for me.
Would it be a dramatic difference between the sounds of the two.

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I have a Rotel RB985 MK1 and am extremely happy with it. Am I correct in assuming that you already own one yourself?

I would consider purchasing an Outlaw 950 pre/pro (which is what I have) instead of a receiver. If you do a search on the Outlaw 950, you will find tons of favorable reviews on this site. The price is also comparable to many receivers you are probably looking at.

Just my $.02

BarOr

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I wish I had the money to buy the 950. when i said nice receiver i meant low end receiver something like the Yamaha
RXV540 (maybe something slightly better) which have PreOut to channels. Would it be a dramatic difference between the sounds of the two (possibilities)?
should I buy a better receiver instead of the two?
What do you think?

Wayne Ernst

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Jason,

You are correct - the RX-V540 does not include pre-outs. They included pre-outs with the RX-V640 and up.

Source: Yamaha Receiver Comparison

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGaso