What's new

Rotel RB-1070...your thoughts (1 Viewer)

zangler

Grip
ok...upgrade time...

right now i have the B&W CM 4's running off of a denon 2803. i really want to get an amp to drive them. i only want 2 channels since music is the bigger issue, plus, i can already blow the doors off my place with movies if i want (or the neighbors since they like to call about it). when i first auditioned these speakers they were on an amp (cant remember which one) so i think that is the direction i want to go with my upgrade. after some research i think i want the Rotel RB-1070. so..what are your thoughts?

also, i will take suggestions on interconnects. right now im looking at the audioquest copperheads or dimondbacks. also, i will upgrade the spk wire and bi-wire. thanks in advance.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I use a RB-1070 to power mny mains. Klipsch KG 5.2's.

I'm very happy with the amp. It drives the 5.2's easily to insane volumes. Never seems to be hot either, just warm to the touch.

Build quality is first rate. Looks great too.

Earle

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
im getting a pair of 1070's to power my rears. i sell the stuff at my shop, so its a deal of course, but i couldnt see getting much else for the retail price either. they are GREAT amps. you cant touch them for the money.

as far as cables, audioquest is great (hum, sounds like the same stuff my place carries...). im upgrading to the jaguar here soon, but the copperhead and diamondbacks are awesome. i would recommend the diamonbacks if you have the greenbacks :) the price isnt that much more, but its a better cable.

zangler

Grip
thanks for the info! jaguar...that is nice...i think i will spring for the dimondbacks...just tell the wife tax was high...lol btw, what is a good price for the amp...my dealer offered around $560-$580....and $85 for 6meters of the dimondbacks

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
both good prices.

the amp retails for $700, and 10% off is a good price. the diamondbacks are a GOOD price too. your dealer isnt wanting to make much money.

yeah, i had a customer order some jaguar from me the other day, and I HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW! it came in this nice little velvet baggie.

monday im ordering my rotels and an audioquest pike's peak speaker cable (the speaker cable version of the jaguar). im pretty damn excited.

zangler

Grip
actually, i made a mistake...the price my dealer is offering on the amp is correct, but the dimondbacks are $85 for 6FT not 6 meters....i am an idiot...so what about that price?

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
yeah, i figured it was a typo. $85 for 6 meters would have been almost or less than cost. but $85 for 6ft is a great price too. get it while you still can.

i have all my forms filled out to order my jaguar, pike's peak, and 2x 1070's today :) happy man.

zangler

Grip
let me know how you like them! i need to just order too...what speakers will the 1070's be driving?

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
the 1070's will be driving my rears, which are Magnepan SMGc's. They are a slightly bigger and beefier version of the new MMG's. Each speaker will be bi-amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks