What's new

Rotel RB-1070 vs Harmon Kardon PA-2400 (1 Viewer)

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Which one would you guys get if they're the same price? Anyone ever compare or heard these two? Which one would sound better? I know it's not just about WPC but how they are built! Thanks.

Rotel - 130 WPC
HK - 170 WPC

Mark

skip marr

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

I believe both units are well built and of good quality. Years ago I had a chance to A:B an HK receiver to a Rotel amp about 3X the price of the HK. I spent about 2 hours listening and switching back and forth. The HK, to me, actually sounded better, and saved me a lot of $$.

If it were me, I would lean to the HK because of the following:
1. Philosophy of design.
2. History of satisfied owners.
3. Wide Bandwidth.
4. Low Negative Feedback.
5. Great slew and rise rates.
6. Amp stability.

But this is only me. I would suggest you try to locate a dealer to A:B if you can. Good luck!!

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Skip, thanks.

Unfortunately there's no dealer around here for me to do a A/B test. I have the DefTech BP2000 as front, and the amp I am getting will be driving these 2. I don't necessary need an AMP with a lot of juice, I need one for clarity and more define for music. Anyhow, I've heard a lot of good things about Rotel-1070 so I am kinda on the fence with the two. Hmmmm...decisions!!!! :)

Mark

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
If it were me, I would lean to the Rotel because of the following:
1. Philosophy of design.
2. History of satisfied owners.
3. Wide Bandwidth.
4. Low Negative Feedback.
5. Great slew and rise rates.
6. Amp stability.
;)

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
One more vote for Rotel. Now, what were the six reasons again?:D

I have the RMB-1075 and it's very very quiet and the sound is very clear.

Mark Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a lot there Tom & Daniel....I am right back on the fence again!!! :)

So far,

HK - 1
Rotel -2

Anymore thoughts/suggestions???

Thanks,
Mark

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
That appears to be the joke...though I'm not sure who gets it and who doesn't. Probably better not to post.:D

BTW, I'm an avowed H/K fan so any advice I might have to offer on this topic should be held suspect.;)

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you have a tough decision, Mark.
I have the rotel 1075 and very happy with it. I have it hooked up to an HK 510. When I first connected the rotel to the HK the sound of my system didn't get better, just more dynamic. I think HK amps sounds really good base on my experience with this receiver, one thing about HK receiver is that it gets hot and this could be the case with the amp as well. Go for the rotel. Good Luck!

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Rotel! Boy I never new Amps had bass management? How can I adjust the bass on my Rotel RMB 1075? I would really like to know how that one is done? I would get the Rotel even though it has no bass management?????????????

Ben Hanrahan

Stunt Coordinator
I used to be a loyal HK lover, until the last 5 years... HK has without a doubt taken a couple of giant steps backward while Rotel has done the opposite. I just upgraded from an AVR 520 to a Rotel RSX1055 and the difference is huge. You can't beat those Rotel amps for the money either, even if you found a used RB985, that's a great amp. I no longer consider HK to be a top notch manufacturer, and my dealer actually refuses to carry their latest amps...he sais they aren't up to snuff. I can't imagine you'd be upset with a Rotel.

Jonathan_D

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't trust what a dealer said about any product they didn't carry (and most of what they do). Dealers push what they sell because it makes them money. Rotel is great, HK is great. I'd be willing to be no one can tell the difference in similar products from either manufacturer in a DBT.

Go with what you can get cheaper from a source in which you have confidence. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks