What's new

Rotel or Aragon for my 'digms?? SVS or 'digm for sub? (1 Viewer)

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Darren,

I don't have personal experience, but you may want to look at B&K. They are supposed to be a warmer than Rotel.

I'm a little disturbed by your post, as I too am considering the Rotel amp. I don't get a chance to listen to anything out here where I am on the Big Island, so I have been basing my biases on reviews. I know Rotel makes a fine product. But I don't want a forward sound. I'm currently running Studio 60's v2 with an HK 525.

Anxious to hear what alfredo thinks of the rotels....

Well I decided to take my studio 40's into a different store and hook them up to a Bryston amp ( 4B SST ) and I was much happier with the sound. I wanted to take in my 100's but they are just too big to lug around.
I would like to hear the B&K amps but I don't know of any dealers around me. I checked their website but could not find a dealer locater anywhere on their site.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I'm running the Rotel 1095 for my center, rear and twin SVS 20-39 subs. I use a Carver Cube for my rear center channels and the Rotel 1090 to power my main speakers (Revel F-30s). I pretty sure you will be blown away with the performance of the 1090 to you main speakers.

Much of Rotel is build in China. Like so many of todays equipment. Thus the reduction of cost. If Rotel were to be built in the US or England etc. The price would no dought be doubled. And their sales would be much less than they are today. China is becoming a real powerhouse in today and future manufacturing efforts.

Let us know how things come together and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks