Rotel in black

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Andrew Pezzo, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I am going to be purchsing the 1068 preamp and 1075 amp but cant decide on the color. Typically I dont like silver but it seems to work with the black heat sinks. I have only seen them in silver so I was wondering if anyone had some pics or know where I can find some. It would be much appreciated.

2. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

3. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

YGPM Andrew [​IMG]

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

I have good pics of the black 1075 and of the 1066 in both colours. E-mail me and I'll shoot them off to you.

5. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

Don't know if the pictures available would have the units powered up, but one thing to watch out for is the lighting effects used with the different face plates. Silver face plates get blue lighting around the volume control and power indicator, and all-black units get red lighting. Could mean one wouldn't want to mix and match components of different colors. Regardless, the LCD displays are the same blue/green color on both kinds. Rotel's marketing literature for 2004 would lead one to think they don't make all-black components any more. Their catalog is filled with pictures, but every picture is of a silver component.

6. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

Thats good to know, thanks! I was thinking of getting a black 1068 and silver 1075 but now I wont. I ordered black but have until tomorrow morning in case I change my mind. Silver is leading at the moment.