What's new

Rotel Dealers/Prices in Canada (1 Viewer)

Jim Noble

Grip
I am planning a trip to Canada next month, and I am also shopping for a Rotel amp/prepro combo.

Is there any advantage to buying Rotel in Canada? There is a HUGE difference in quoted prices for the Anthem AVM-20 Canada vs. USA, does the same apply to Rotel purchases?

Thanks.

Nick_Shah

Stunt Coordinator
Jim,
The reason that Anthem is cheaper in Canada is the fact that it is a Canadian company. Along with Bryston, Axiom, Paradigm, Totem, Energy, PSB, Dahlquist, and others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.
Since Rotel isn't Canadian, I don't think it would be cheaper. I suspect that it would be quite a bit more expensive here. This is just based on personal experience from brands like Parasound or Adcom, which are MUCH cheaper in the U.S.
Granted, I haven't shopped for Rotel products, so I can't say for sure. Luckily, the dealer lookup section of their website does include Canada. Just go to http://www.rotel.com and hit the "North American Dealers" link.
Good luck!
-Nick

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Rotel is in fact cheaper up here or at least the price I got for my 1066 is the cheapest price I've seen posted yet. That said my dealer was great to work with and I got a nice discount so it could depend on the dealer you see.

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Jim,

It has been my experience in shopping for the RB 1070, RB 1080, RMB 1075, and the RMB 1095 that they are indeed less expensive here in Ontario. That said, they are not as notably less expensive as, say, Paradigm speakers, but nonetheless, about 5% less.

David

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Andrew,
you have just put me over the edge;) YGM
From my experience though the full retail price of the 1066 for example is $2299 + 15% tax.
My price quoted over the phone was $2200 with tax + the 1.25 hr drive up there.
The $2200 (after discount) still equals the full US retail price of $1500 so no savings there. Of course the price quoted was over the phone but i doubt i would save much more than that. He has none of these processors in stock anyways so no use talking about it....:frowning:

RichardMA

Second Unit
I was quoted $1850 for the Rotel 1066 one week ago
at a store in Toronto. Thats = $2130.00 Can. tax in or
$1382.00 U.S. Plus, Americans are exempt from our
provincial tax and can claim back our GST tax by
filling out a form. So the American price to buy
it up here (plus whatever duty, taxes they pay to
their own customs if they declare the unit) would
be $1202. U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks