What's new

Rotel 2 ch system.... integrated amp + tuner or receiver? need sound advice (1 Viewer)

RichardK

Second Unit
Howdy HTF'ers i am going to purchase a 2ch system this week and i need opinions/advice.. Two questions...

i am looking at the following:
Rotel RCD-02
and
Rotel RA-1062
Rotel RT-02
or
Rotel RX-1050
i will be using B&W CM-2s...

will i be sacrificing sound quality by going with the receiver vs. seperate amp+tuner? the listening will be 85-90% CD. i know i get more power with the receiver and the tuner for not much more. yes, i need to listen, just wondering what you all think?

Also if i decided to vault up to 705s will the RA1062 do the job?

Thanks for the help,
Richard

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Audition and see. Then you'll know. And if you don't know, the difference is insignificant to you, which is what matters.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For just 2ch listening, I don't think there will be much difference, but then the question is will this eventually be a multi-channel system or will it remain a 2ch system? If it will be for 2ch only, IMO, the 1062 is the way to go, and I'm sure it will be plenty for the 705s, depending on how loud you want to get and how large your room is.

IMO, pick up a used tuner if you are not going to use it that much.

Don't compare power ratings of the integrated to the receivers, though Rotel is good about rating their amps, the integrated will likely still match or outperform the receiver. My Marantz PM7000 is rated for only 95x2@8Ohms, while my 8300 receiver is rated to put out 120x2@8Ohms, and I can tell you the PM7000 pumps out as much or more power than my receiver.

RichardK

Second Unit
Thanks for everyone's replies...i have ruled out the receiver for this system...see my other posts on the subject!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks