What's new

Rotel 1095, Parasound HCA-885 & Anthem Triggers (1 Viewer)

Joe e h

Stunt Coordinator
I am getting ready to hook-up my new gear. I see the Anthem has 3 triggers, 2 @ 50ma & 1 @ 200ma. After reading the manual I was thinking the 200ma would be used on the Rotel 1095 and I could use the 50ma on the Parasound HCA-885.

What are the thoughts around here?

Joe

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Joe,

Interesting question, given the AVM-20's history with blown fuses (BTW, I am not hearing much about that these days). My first thought was to suggest using the 50mA triggers only unless absolutely necessary, believing that the 200mA trigger current might put an additional strain on the AVM-20. Then my second thought was that the 50mA triggers might not be sufficient for either or both of your amps, which at a minimum might not "trigger" them, and at worse might lead to an overload on the AVM-20.

Clear as mud? For the record, I am using one of the 50mA triggers to my first Marantz MA-700 monoblock, which then triggers the next MA-700, and so on. When I get my equipment rearranged, I will be using one 50mA trigger to the MA-700s for the mains (set for all inputs), and the second 50mA trigger to the MA-700s for the center and rear speakers (set for all multi-channel sources). I have tried this and it works just fine.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread