Rotel 1075 w/ B&W 603s

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Arnie_A, May 13, 2003.

1. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

Hi all. Does anyone have this setup, Rotel 1075 with B&W 603s? (it doesn't matter what the surround speakers are)

I might be going for this purchase soon and would like some input from those who have this setup as far as:

- Clarity of the highs
    - Rotel's capability of driving the speakers
    - Tubbiness (or not) of the 603s?

I will try to go to a shop here and listen to the same setup. If the highs aren't clear, I might just go with 602.5s.

Thanks for any input.

2. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

BTW, I plan on using a Marantz 6200 as a pre/pro.

3. Lam Nguyen

Lam Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

This would be a very nice setup, rotel and B&W makes a nice combination. I have the 1075 with B&W CDM7NT. The 603 has good highs and warm midrange, the 1075 is more than capable of driving these speakers. I ve been very happy with my purchase of the 1075 amp. No, it won't sound like tube if that's what your refering to.

4. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

Thanks for the input, Lam. I will listen to it today at a local shop. I can't wait!

5. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

Arnie:

Very nice combo! I have CDMs across the front matched with Rotel 1066 pre/pro and 1075. Great sound, plenty of power. You should be very happy with the 1075 driving 603s.

BTW: I use 601s for my rears. I've had them for four years, and they sound as sweet as ever.

6. Arnie_A

Arnie_A Agent

Mark, I will be using 601s for the rears also but I will stick to 600 series all around since I can't afford CDMs for now.

I heard the combo today and yes, the power is there and the speakers sounded clear with lots of good natural bass. One thing I noticed is that the highs weren't as crisp, but after I changed the tone settings on the demo Rx, it sounded like highs from the 601s.