What's new

Rotel 1075 vs 1095 (1 Viewer)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
I have the 1095 and bought it over the 1075 because I plan on buying some power hungry B&W speakers. Unless you plan on driving power hungry speakers now or in the future or play music or movies at incredibly loud volumes levels. the 1075 shoud do fine.

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with this. I have the 1075 and it drives my speakers fine. It will come down to how power hungry your speakers are. You will do well with either amp.

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
So, 1095 won't bring out more details at same volume level compared to 1075? It's just matter of one sounding louder? Also, all B&W speakers seem to have 88+DB sensitivity, which isn't quite power hungry to me...

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
88+dB is in fact quite a low sensitivity, and might require more power/current to drive than high sensitivity speakers(90+dB). Which B&W models do you have?

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Yoon Lee,

You may find the 1095 has a higher damping factor which may translate to tighter bass. My speakers are 88db sensitivity and the 1075 handled them no worries.

John

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Bowers & Wilkins are usually fairly easy to drive, even the Nautilus series. The one thing that is important though with the N series is that you must get a stable amp, as their impedence covers a broad range. Rated at 8 ohms, they dip as low as 3 ohms, and that's a wide swing.

As far as the two amps? I'm sure either one would be a very nice addition to your system.

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
what do you think about idea of adding 200w stereo amp to the system of 120w 1075? would the sound be balanced between channels?

Legairre

Supporting Actor
The B&Ws I'm planning on getting are the new 604 S3. I've read several reviews from owners that have suggested the use of around 200wpc is needed to brive them at their best.

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I mean if some channels are powered 200w whereas others are powered 120w, some will sound louder than the other. I don't think that's an ideal situation for HT system.

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
Anytime you make any changes to your system you should re-calibrate the levels on all your channels. This would take care of any differences in volume. Rotel is very conservative in rating their amps so I don't see you having trouble!

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Yoon Lee,

That is exactly what I have done. I now have the Rotel RB-991 (2x200w) powering my fronts and the 1075 powering the centre and surrounds. I do not have a problem with balancing the two. You simply need to recalibrate channel levels. Another thing to consider is that the volume level does not increase in direct relation to the added wattage. What you are getting is an amp better equipped to handle power hungry speakers particularly during peak loads. For me, it was a way of striking a balance between HT and 2-ch music listening.

John

Jim_P

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Rotel 1095 and what I find as the main difference between the Rotel and my Yamaha RXV1000 is that if you are running full range speakers set on large, you have better bass. If you are running all your speakers on small and having your sub carry everything from approximately 90 hz on down, having a more powerful amp doesn't seem to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.