What's new

Rotel 1075 made in China (1 Viewer)

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Finally I got my Rotel today from the same dealer that took 3 weeks+ to deliever my B&W. I was surprised by Rotel twice today. First to find out it's made in China. I was concerned about it, although the salesman mentioned it's made in China by Rotel, not some sort of OEM.

Personally, I don't have a faith in Made-In-Chinas, whether it's a plastic toy or an electronics. But, this Rotel seems to be well-assembled. Build quality was there.

Anyway, are other more expensive Rotels (1090, 1095, ...) also made in China?

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
My 1095 is also made in China. Only my DVD player, MD player and 100 CD changer are made in Japan. The rest are from China or Malaysia. However, the MD player does not work anymore after about 3 years.

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't be so picky.

I think the old 'made in hong kong' is now 'made in china'.

Rotel, H/K and NAD also make in China and they're just the more upmarket manufacturers.

Some of the larger US boutique brands are also made in Taiwan and some of the Asian countries.

The Outlaw 950 is a Taiwan unit. The Rotel 1066 would be Malay or Chinese.

The bottom line is that even quality separates are made there so that's just the way it is. As long as the quality is there and the warranty covers that I can sleep easy.

T.

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
I think most Rotel products are made in China in the Rotel factory, not OEM. That is what my dealer says. I have the new Rotel catalog with pictures of the back panels. The ones I can make out are

China: RDV-1080, RMB-1095
Korea: RSX-972

Can't make out the other ones

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
The hand-made high end quality stuff is often made in the U.S.
Gear like Cinepro, Krell, etc.
I too prefer equipment made here by experienced pro's with super tight quality control.
Not some place in communist China where who knows what goes on. Plus it helps our economy and
keeps good paying jobs here. :)

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
The hand-made high end quality stuff is often made in the U.S.
And their prices reflect it!

Rotel has been called the poor mans high end equipment.

They receive favorable reviews and awards for many of their product. And a following of fans that fill their houses with products. I own the 1090 and 1095 amps. I personally think it's better to appreciate a products performance than where it comes from. If either of my two Amps were built in the good old USA. I would have had to pay prices along the lines of B&K, Krell, McIntosh etc. Maybe then Rotel would be considered "High End"?!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Made in China or not, my Rotel RMB-1066 comes with a 5year warranty(Parts and Labour).

Kevin

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
Makes me wonder where the older Rotel products were made?

To me, the newer China made 1075/1095 sound better than most of Rotel's previous offerings as far as power amps go. They have also received more praise from consumers & reviewers.

They must be doing something right.

Phil

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
FYI:

I think the Outlaw 950 is actually made by EastTech in a Malaysian manufacturing facility.

Frankly, I think all this "where it's made" business is more perception than reality. Rotel, for instance, is an excellent company with a reputation for excellent hardware. No matter where they choose to manufacture, the units are built according to Rotel's specs and Rotel exercises quality control to assure that the products maintain their quality level.

Asian and Southeast Asian manufacturing is the equal of any in the world. They can create the highest quality if a client requires it, or they can crank out low-cost stuff if THAT'S what the client wants. Same goes for manufacturing in other countries.

Products from Malaysia, for example, aren't less expensive because they're made cheaply. It's because the cost of living there is about one-quarter of the cost of living in the US. You can take a large family out to eat for $15US. I went to a doctor and the total cost of office call and prescriptions was about $13US!! Therefore, all manufacturing costs are less, too.

Supporting US manufacturing is great if you want to do it. However, at least some of the "Made in the USA" thinking is simply cultural prejudice. Buy from a company you trust and they'll deliver what you expect regardless of where they built it.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I agree with Bob_L completely. A lot of electronics are made in Asia, including China, Taiwan and Malaysia. Its simply because the cost of living is lower here and wages are lower too. As long as the same QC is enforced, who cares where they're from?

Also, that statement about China being communist is uncalled for IMHO

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
My old Acurus amps were made in the US and they sucked compared to why Taiwanese Sherbourn Amps. Rock on my Far East connection.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks