What's new

rotel 1066 sub2 and ctr2 output questions (1 Viewer)

SC Trojan

Agent
Real Name
Gary
does anyone know how these two outputs are used? I have sent an e-mail to rotel, but have not gotten a response yet. Nothing in the manual either.

Could the sub2 output be controlled with seperate gains from sub1? The only thing i see in the manual is sub- yes/no/max. Could it be used for stereo or front/rear subs?

What about ctr2 output? I understand the cb1 & cb2 are for l/r rears for 7.1, but have no clue what 2 center channels would do. Do they also have seperate gains?

I have waited long enough for the outlaw, and even with today's e-mail, I will pull the trigger on the 1066!!

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
GAry, as far as I can tell, the Number 2 on all of them just sends the same signal to another speaker. If you have a different amp for the secaond sub you could have a separate gain control. I have both my subs going into the one input on my sampson 1000 so both subs have the same control. I could wire each independantly though and control each one by itself. I guess if you have a LARGE home theater and needed 2 ctr channels because the screen was so big that's when you would have 2 center channels. I heartily recommend the 1066, it's a fine piece of equipment and I love it to death.

Jeff

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Gary:

Please let us all know what you think about the 1066 when you get it. (And if you get a great price in the LA area, let ME know! If only we didn't have that d*mn*d sales tax. Gets pretty hard to take on those $1000+ purchases.)

Thx

Bob L.

J

John Morris

I heartily recommend the 1066, it's a fine piece of equipment and I love it to death.
Jeff: That is fantastic that you "Love the 1066 to Death"! What more of an endorsement could you ever expect! Still, what other previous preamp/processors did you directly compare the 1066 to in your exaltation? What preamp/processor did you think you'd be willing to die for previously? Just wondering, as death is never a value that I'd ever go for regardless of the previous preamp/processor's sonics...?

LMK?

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Well, my previous system was a Bose Lifestyle system, so anything would sound better I guess. And, not that I would die for a piece of HT equiptment, but I will love the 1066 unmtil it or I dies.
Oh yeah, Go Avalanche, 2-0 :D Go Canucks, beat those damn Red Wings. Shameless plug, back to topic.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks