rotel 1066 sub2 and ctr2 output questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SC Trojan, Apr 20, 2002.

1. SC Trojan

SC Trojan Agent

does anyone know how these two outputs are used? I have sent an e-mail to rotel, but have not gotten a response yet. Nothing in the manual either.

Could the sub2 output be controlled with seperate gains from sub1? The only thing i see in the manual is sub- yes/no/max. Could it be used for stereo or front/rear subs?

What about ctr2 output? I understand the cb1 & cb2 are for l/r rears for 7.1, but have no clue what 2 center channels would do. Do they also have seperate gains?

I have waited long enough for the outlaw, and even with today's e-mail, I will pull the trigger on the 1066!!

2. Jeff Engel

Jeff Engel Stunt Coordinator

Gary, I'll check on my unit when I get home and let you know what I find.

3. Jeff Engel

GAry, as far as I can tell, the Number 2 on all of them just sends the same signal to another speaker. If you have a different amp for the secaond sub you could have a separate gain control. I have both my subs going into the one input on my sampson 1000 so both subs have the same control. I could wire each independantly though and control each one by itself. I guess if you have a LARGE home theater and needed 2 ctr channels because the screen was so big that's when you would have 2 center channels. I heartily recommend the 1066, it's a fine piece of equipment and I love it to death.

Jeff

4. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom
    Gary:

Please let us all know what you think about the 1066 when you get it. (And if you get a great price in the LA area, let ME know! If only we didn't have that d*mn*d sales tax. Gets pretty hard to take on those $1000+ purchases.)

Thx

Bob L.

5. John Morris

John Morris Guest

6. Jeff Engel

Well, my previous system was a Bose Lifestyle system, so anything would sound better I guess. And, not that I would die for a piece of HT equiptment, but I will love the 1066 unmtil it or I dies.
    Oh yeah, Go Avalanche, 2-0 [​IMG] Go Canucks, beat those damn Red Wings. Shameless plug, back to topic.
    Jeff