Rotel 1066 and 1075

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregg_M, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Gregg_M

Gregg_M Stunt Coordinator

I auditioned the rotel gear yesterday and was very impressed. i am awaiting the Silver Versions to arrive at my local shop and will drag my speakers down and really listen before I buy. (just to make sure and to ease buyers remorse) My question is, Now i need better source material. I am upgrading my dvd and wondering if I should get an all in one unit (DVDA,SACD,progressive scan) or seperate sacd player. How would you connect the sources if I bought the seperate sacd player.

Thanks,

Gregg

2. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I was thinking the Pioneer SACD/DVD/CD player was a great alternative, BUT I just read in Perfect Vision (one of the ONLY mags that has balls enough to actually say what they think) was fairly dissappointed in the audio quality of the unit, so that solution is out,

personally, I have a Sony 222Es and a Technics DVDA A10, hooked up with the RS connectors to the 1066. Keith on this site could give you more specifics of what unit that RS is.

3. Daniel Lindgren

Daniel Lindgren Stunt Coordinator

rodneyh, is that the Pioneer 656A?

4. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

NO, it is the DV-47A

5. Danny-H

Danny-H Auditioning

The Rotel rsp1066 and rmb1075 is a really nice set up for the money.Very hard to beat dollars and cents.

The silver is dead sexy.This combo is going to run my new theater I'm building in the basement.

As far as the Pioneer Elite dv47a,I own it.I picked it up 3 days after it hit the market.The Perfect Vision mag is the first to say anything negitive about this player.All other reviews where very good.

I can give you a short review on that player.
    The video performance is one of the very best Ive seen.Progressive looks fantastic.Detail and depth is unbelievable.
    Audio is also very good,as a dvd player is sounds incredible,coming from a dv414,I noticed a big difference in dynamic range and clarity.
    SACD and DVD audio........I don't get the negitive comments here.Both sound as good as most players Ive sat and listened to.SACD is only better sounding on the Sony 777es.For a grand, you get a hell of a player.The new formats aren't rocking with software.If they fail in survival,your still left with one great player.
    Built quality is the only thing I felt ever lacked with the dv47a,I felt the rosewood panels,dampened door,etc would have been nice,but for the money you can't beat it.