Rotel 1056 v. Denon 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Scott R. Scherr, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Scott R. Scherr

Scott R. Scherr Stunt Coordinator

I currently am running a Denon 2800 with Studio 40's, 20's, and a CC, all v.2, and a PW-2200 subwoofer. I also use the "B" speaker input with another set of speakers in a different room.

I am trying to look ahead to my next move. The Denon 2800 only has preouts for fronts and center and since I also need to use the "B" input, I think I need to upgrade the receiver.

Options include a Rotel 1056 while using the Denon 2800 amps to power a second zone and back center surrounds or a Denon 3805 and using the 2800 to power the second zone. Eventually I could add a 5 channel amp to replace the 2800. I am open to other options as well, but dolby pro logic IIx is a must.

Going to separates I think is too costly at this point.

Scott

2. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

3805 for mostly HT,quiet,1056 for mostly music,hiss.The Denon is hard to beat all around unless you are a critical music listener.The Rotel beats the Denon for music,it just sounds better,imo(not withstanding hiss).

3. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Having previously auditioned Denon (albeit a year or two ago), and now owning Rotel, from what I remember, there is a difference in the sound that they produce. Again, I find myself preaching the importance of an in-home audition, perhaps with both receivers over a weekend so that you can make the decision based on trials IN YOUR ENVIRONMENT with your speakers, etc etc.

4. Scott R. Scherr

Scott R. Scherr Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the tips. With the Denon, can you reassign the front channels to a second zone and then use a two channel amp for the front speakers?

Hopefully the hiss issue gets resolved on the Rotels.

Scott