What's new

Rotel 1055 Component Video problem (1 Viewer)

Jed

Grip
Hello folks...

After good input from the forum late last year, I purchased the following equipment;

Rotel 1055 & Pioneer Sd643HD5.

I am generally very happy with the equipment (the Rotel rmeote is a little stange, though).

I have one problem, however. I notice some 'flickering' when watching HD or DVD video signals that are passed through the Rotel. I notice it when using the satellite menus, and in dark video scenes. It is a horizontal flicker - across the width of the tv.

When I connect around the Rotel, the flickering is not present (connect my HD receiver or DVD straight to TV). I thought I had some bad cables, but that is not the problem. Part of the reason for buying the Rotel was component switching.

This is not a huge deal, but would simplify the use of the system if I did not have to switch video inputs (mt wife can't stand switching that, and it typically ends up in a heated phone call on how to fix!).

Any input (sorry for the pun) on the component issue I am seeing?

Thanks...

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
The earlier 1055's didnt have much bandwidth,the later models have 200 mhtz. I believe there is a firmware upgrade for the older models depending on the version .

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Jed press and hold the mute button until the firmware value is displayed on the screen then report that back to us. As the previous poster mentioned the first generation of the 1055 and 1066's didn't have enough bandwidth on thier component inputs to pass HD properly. That was later updated with a new video board which you can have installed from Rotel for about $100 if that turns out to be the problem. Also post your serial number as well as that's another way to tell if the firmware doesn't give it away.

Jed

Grip
HEre is the info displayed when holding 'mute':

V2.2.6_030704

I will have to get back to you on the serial # - a little hard to get at right now.

THANKS!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Jed no need on the serial number your processor has the upgraded video so that's not the issue you're having. How old is this unit?

Jed

Grip
I bought it this past November 25th.

I stopped by the retailer and advised of the problem. They will be sending someone out to check it out.

Jed

Grip
That is great. Thanks for the offer! How would you be able to have Rotel call me?

Jed

Jed

Grip
That would explain it...cool.

Can you provide the link to club rotel? Thanks,

Jed

Ps...Whom do you root for with the Jets gone?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Jed it would be inappropriate for me to post a direct link...try google;)

As for the hockey quesiton I enjoy watching good teams play offensive hockey not the trap so I like Colorado, Calgary, Tampa and Detroit some times...actually for me its more a quesiton of who's playing Montreal...that's who I cheer for:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks